Arkansas Boudoir – Boudoir Photoshop Retouching
Curious about how much of my work is photoshopped? Well, not that much. I try always to keep my clients looking like my clients. My goal for every shoot is NOT for you to look nothing like yourself. I want you to feel amazing in your own skin, but that said, sometimes our skin could use a little help. Personally, ever since I turned 30, I feel like a teenager again! Breakouts, oily skin – it’s crazy and when I’m photographed I want that stuff minimized!
When you come into my studio, the makeup is really what makes a transformation. Bold and smokey versus natural makes a huge difference in the end product and how your images look. Regardless of how we style your session, I always retouch the same way for every client. It’s pretty simple and not a crazy, dramatic transformation like you might see some supermodels go through in fashion editorials.
Here’s my checklist:
- Remove blemishes
- Reduce under eye circles (I don’t remove them completely because that looks unnatural and, well, fake! We all have a bit of shadow under our eyes)
- Smooth skin and even out skin tone
- Soften wrinkles (again, I don’t completely remove these, but I reduce and soften)
- Enhance eyes
- Pump up the volume… Hair volume that is! Women in Texas have it right; bigger hair is always better!
- If needed, I’ll tuck in those pesky areas around bra straps and the underarm that have a tendency to pooch.