2013 was an amazing year and 2014 promises to be even better. As more and more clients come into my studio and become part of the Meredith Melody Photography family, the workload grows and my task list gets longer – more edits and retouching, more emails, more albums to design, more bookeeping data to enter, etc, etc. As much as I enjoy being a self-sufficient business owner, I love spending more of my time behind the lens than in front of the computer. With all of this growth, I am excited to announce that I am on the hunt for a talented, smart, motivated, creative, kind and business savvy studio manager to help grow MMP! The details of the position are below – if you or someone you know would be a good candidate, please contact me!
Part-Time Studio Manager Job Description
This position is for a part-time studio|office manager with an emphasis on studio marketing for Meredith Melody Photography. The position starts at approximately 10-hours per week (hours worked Mon-Friday during business hours) with an increase in hours over time based on performance and value added to the studio.
Job Responsibilities Overview:
- Complete various administrative pre-shoot tasks
- Respond to new client communication
- As needed, assist Meredith in image processing and organization
- Manage editorial submissions
- Fulfill client orders
- Other various duties related to shoot workflow
MMP Studio Management
- Monthly bookkeeping and sales tax reports
- Process mail and product deliveries
- Update MMP email database, create and send monthly e-newsletter
- Ongoing management of studio marketing plan
- Client and vendor relationship management
- Organize and replenish inventory of office supplies
- Light cleaning in preparation for meetings and studio sessions
- Background in marketing and/or business
- Self-starter, disciplined and eager to learn
- The position utilizes the following programs and software: Photoshop, Lightroom, Word, Excel, Bridge, Quickbooks, and various other online-based programs. Knowledge of these is preferred, but not mandatory.
This position is not open to photographers or those individuals who wish to pursue a career in photography.
Contact Meredith for a more detailed job description or to express interest in the position.